St. George's Hotel, The Parade, Llandudno

Loading Map
NPRN16825
Cyfeirnod MapSH78SE
Cyfeirnod GridSH7829782428
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Conwy
Hen SirSir Gaernarfon
CymunedLlandudno
Math O SafleGWESTY
CyfnodÔl-Ganoloesol
Disgrifiad
The St George's Hotel was opened in 1854. Situated at the north-west end of St George's Terrace (NPRN 16658) and built as an integral part of it. One of the resort's most prestigious hotels.
The hotel originally presented a nine bay facade to the Promenade, slighly advanvced and otherwise distinguished from the Crescent, and a three bay facade to St George's Place. These are three storey above a basement with an attic storey. The ground floor is rusticated and the first floor windows have pedimented heads. In 1878 the hotel was extended along St Georges Place. A five stage baroque tower with a tall hipped roof was raised next to the older building. Beyond this is an eight bay range, four storeys with basement and attics. The hotel has since extended into the adjacent house in the Crescent. A glazed loggia runs along the Promenade frontage. All the hotel facades are stuccoed.

Source: CADW Listed Buildings Database (3455)

John Wiles 02.05.07